Thursday, April 2, 2015

Easter Bunny Bark

   Happy Easter Everyone! I have always loved Easter, there's something so lovely about all the pastel colors and the boys and girls all dressed up that just puts a smile on my face. I have never made bark before, but I know that it is not complicated and I was proven right. It just takes some time, as you have to work in batches.
   My fiance's family is really big so when we are getting together with them I really have to make sure that whatever I make, I am able to make a large batch. This recipe is perfect for large get togethers. You don't have to heat it up once you get to your destination and you can make it ahead. Plus it is an absolute crowd pleaser!


Easter Bunny Bark

Recipe is for one batch. For a large get together I like to make about 3-4 batches.

Looks great on a spring themed platter 


Parchment paper
1 package of vanilla candy coating, I can typically find the brand CandiQuik in the baking aisle of my grocery store
Spring Peanut M&M's
10 Oreos, broken up
Mini pretzels, broken up
Sprinkles, easter themed if you can find them
Nonpareils

Melt the entire package of candy coating in a pot, on low heat, stirring occasionally with a spoon.
Once smooth, pour over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and smooth it out. Do not smooth out too thinly, you should have a fairly thick coating.

Before going into the refrigerator to cool


Next is the fun part! Get the kids involved!

Evenly distribute the rest of the ingredients. I like to start with a light sprinkle of the nonpareils, then the oreos and pretzels. Next I take the M&M's and fill in the blanks. Lastly I sprinkle more nonpareils and the sprinkles.
Place into the refrigerator, on a level surface for about 30-45 minutes.
Break into pieces and serve.  

I store the bark in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator until the day of.





No comments:

Post a Comment